Who are we?
We’re A.C.T Lighting, the leading North American distributor of entertainment technologies and a relationship driven company that consistently delivers the best lighting equipment on the planet alongside world-class support to our customers.
Who are you?
You’re driven by a desire to see a job done right, and then some. You’re probably a lighting professional looking to make a career in the fast-paced and demanding live entertainment industry that doesn’t require updating a resume every eight weeks.
Inside Saleperson - East Coast Office & West Coast Office
A.C.T has opportunities for an Inside Salespersons to interface directly with our customers and generate sales while also acting as sales support for the outside sales team to ensure the customer’s show goes up on time and with the best gear the industry can provide. This position provides a unique blend of ever-changing daily challenges with the stability and support of one of the best teams in the industry.
Our inside sales representatives will be expected to accomplish the following frequently and as efficiently as our industry demands:
- Be ready and willing to talk to customers from all corners of the entertainment lighting market and provide a positive experience for them; especially in difficult or demanding situations.
- Understand and communicate the advantages and value the products we represent can provide to our customer and their clients.
- Generate and maintain quotations at customer request and for the outside sales team.
- Follow up on existing quotes in coordination with the outside salesreps to ensure customers are contacted in a timely manner.
- Work closely with A.C.T’s unparalleled support and technical services team to ensure our customers receive the support they need as efficiently as possible.
- Ensure the customer receives timely and accurate information about their order from submission to delivery.
- Provide the entire sales team with intelligence about market conditions and customer intentions on a regular basis.
- Work with the outside sales team, VP of sales, and the credit team to establish new customers as appropriate.
Please scroll down to the form below, and select Inside Sales (either location) to submit your information and resume to be considered for this position.
Moving Light Technician - West Coast Office
A.C.T Lighting, Inc. is a leading importer and distributor of cutting edge lighting products. The company provides superior customer service and value to all of its clients.
The qualified candidate will be self-motivated, possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work within a team in a fast paced environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Test, troubleshoot, and repair fixtures both under supervision and independently.
- Deliver prompt and courteous communication of equipment status to customers.
- Prep new equipment to be sold as per company guidelines.
- Provide product customer support.
- Assist sales team with technical information and product demonstrations as necessary.
- Travel to perform onsite service calls and attend tradeshows as required.
- Prepare and keep records pertaining to labor, equipment, and materials used in assigned projects.
- Minimum 1 year of production entertainment industry experience.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the use, and maintenance of moving lights.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, and technical documents.
- MS Office Suite proficiency (Excel, and Word)
- Previous experience in the use, and maintenance of Clay Pay, Robert Juliat, and MDG products.
- Ability to lift up to 75 Lbs.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
Technical Support - East Coast Office
We are the exclusive distributor of MA Lighting Technology entertainment lighting control products used for the biggest concerts, TV shows, and architectural installations in the world. We are seeking a full-time, motivated individual to join our team of software technical support specialists.
We need an in-house product specialist for a long-term position of supporting the vendors and end users of top tier MA Lighting products in the Architectural, Concert, and Theatrical industries. Your tasks will entail supporting customers, testing equipment, and beta testing new software. During your off-hours our location in Hackensack, NJ also provides easy access to one of the biggest cities in the world. We’re looking for a highly productive professional who will be part of what makes us the leading entertainment support company in the industry.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assess software questions via Email and telephone during business hours
- Prepare equipment for sales and demos
- Evaluate and beta test new software
- Provide after-hours emergency support by telephone and Email
- Assist with the creation of product tutorials for customers and sales team
- Offer suggestions for software and process improvements
- Degree in Technology, Computer Science, or related field
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to fill multiple roles simultaneously
- A passion for helping people
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in computer technology (Mac, Windows, Microsoft Office, etc.)
Beneficial Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of Ethernet, networking, and network topology
- Knowledge of XML and XSL stylesheet language
- Knowledge of 3D modeling and/or drafting
- Knowledge of video codecs, transcoding, and control
- Knowledge of LUA scripting language
Please scroll down to the form below, and select “Support - Hackensack, NJ” to submit your information and resume to be considered for this position.
A.C.T Lighting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and